Assistant Case Managers
An opportunity has arisen for a highly organised, efficient and caring individual to join our team as an Assistant Case Manager and provide support to adults and children with severe/complex neurological injuries – including brain and spinal cord injury.
The Assistant Case Manager will carry out a wide range of case management activities under the guidance of our team of Case Managers. This will include sourcing and implementing a wide range of clinical and non-clinical services and completing detailed written documentation to a high standard. Predominantly a desk-based role, working from our office in Clapham, visits will also be required on occasion to medical/therapy appointments, meetings etc in locations around London and its surrounding areas.
Due to the nature of the role and working across a number of different clients, the ability to prioritise, manage competing demands and work at a fast pace whilst maintaining quality is essential.
- Achieve a minimum of 5.5 hours of billable casework each day.
- Complete detailed and accurate case notes using the case management system.
- Clear and concise verbal and written correspondence to multiple stakeholders.
- Support case managers in the day to day management of cases.
- Attend meetings/appointments with clients where required.
- Monitor and managing client cases in the case manager’s absence.
- Assist in sourcing services, treatment, accommodation and equipment for clients
and managing referrals.
- Assist in the setup and management of care/support packages including the
recruitment process, training and auditing of care records.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, referral letters etc.
- Maintain accurate case notes, billing records and client files.
- Support with and manage any queries from clients, solicitors, insurers or medical
- Service development and improvement.
Qualifications, Key skills and requirements
- Educated to University Degree level or higher – Essential
- 5+ years of clerical, secretarial, or office experience – Essential
- Experience of working in a client facing role – Essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication – Essential
- Evidence of working under time pressure and to competing deadlines – Essential
- Attention to detail and accuracy – Essential
- Evidence of ability to problem solve and use initiative – Essential
- Experienced in Microsoft Office suite of software – Essential
- Understanding of brain & spinal injury and associated needs – Preferable
- Experience in case management, therapy setting or health setting – Preferable